What’s up, my lovelies?
Here I go again with The Sunshine Blogger Award! Thank you so much to the amazing Jenna @ Bookmark Your Thoughts for tagging me.
She has the most gorgeous blog that I am absolutely addicted to, so please make sure to check it out and get yourselves addicted as well. 😉
(Seriously, her blog feeds my OCD, it’s so beautiful!)
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive and inspiring while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award in your post/or on your blog.
1.Would you rather have your favourite book/book series become a TV show or a movie?
I’ve always said that I hate it when my favorite books turn into movies or TV shows, because most of the time they get ruined. But since my favorite books tend to be long and full of characters and adventures, I’d say a TV series would be more appropriate.
2. Do you read with background noise or silence?
I prefer silence, but I can also read with noise if the book is very engaging. My brain tends to shut everything out when I’m reading.
An interesting thing, though, is that since I’m bilingual, when I’m reading in one language and someone starts speaking in the other in my vicinity, I immediately lose focus. I don’t know if this is something special to me or others experience it as well.
Do let me know about your own thoughts in the comments, I’m rather curious!
3. How is your bookshelf organized? Post a photo if you can (and want to)!
I’m not cool enough to organise my shelves by color. I have my favorite books on my top shelves and they descend to my least favorites. I do read a lot of eBooks though, so my shelves are not as impressive as they should be.
4. Would you rather spend a day with your favourite author or favourite character? Name who it would be!
Ooooh, hard question! I would absolutely love to spend a day with my favorite author – Sarah J. Maas – and pick her brain about her books and ideas. But I can’t give up the possibility of meeting my favorite character, even though I can’t choose only one. Among my favorite characters, meeting Aelin Galathynius appeals to me the most. I would love to talk to her or get into trouble with her.
5. Do you plan out your TBR or are you more of a mood reader?
I am definitely a mood reader, hahaha! I did start to plan a little this year by choosing books I absolutely must read before 2021, but still I read based on my mood. If I’m not in the mood, even the best books can bore me or give me a reading slump.
6. Name 3 authors that you want to read more books by in 2020.
I’ve recently discovered the awesomeness of Holly Black through “The Folk of the Air” series and I must read more books by her this year.
I must also read everything Niccolò Machiavelli has ever written. I am simply obsessed right now.
And I do crave more of V.E. Schwab and her “Villains” series.
7. Would you rather be a professional reviewer or famous author?
Oooh, a hard and interesting question. I do love, love, love reviewing. It is the funnest and most satisfying activity besides reading. And it also helps me calm down after a terrible book and allows me to share my excitement of a very good one.
But being a famous author is too juicy to pass up. I would love to someday publish my book and have people enjoy it.
8. Do you prefer series or a standalone?
I prefer series, which I know is a somewhat unpopular opinion. For me, characters are very important and series allow them to grow and develop. At the same time, when written well, the plot gets more exciting and you get a feeling for the world so everything is so much more fun to read.
9. What’s your most controversial bookish topic?
DNFing a book is not a sin! I know that there are a great number of people who disagree, but it’s okay to DNF a book if it doesn’t work for you. It’s okay to rate and review a DNF book as well, as long as you’ve read a chunk of it and not just the first chapter. Your feelings and opinions regarding a DNF book are valid. You don’t need a reason to DNF a book. You are not obligated to finish a book simply because you’ve started it.
Life is too short to read bad books or books that just are not your cup of tea. I have forced myself through way too many books that I resented or just couldn’t handle, and I have found peace and happiness in the simple act of putting a “bad” book away forever. These days I DNF books all the time and I am happier for it. My reading slumps are also short and far apart now. And I have found so many books I absolutely love that I otherwise wouldn’t have had the time to read. Simply put: DNFing books is good for your mental health!
So there ye go! 😉
Covers in a series must match! People usually tell me to calm down and that it’s not a big deal when I complain about this. But my whole entire nervous system crashes every time a sequel’s cover doesn’t match its prequel. I simply can’t handle this.
10. Would you rather only ever be able to read eBooks or use audiobooks for the rest of your life?
Definitely eBooks. I’ve never listened to an audiobook actually. I have a photographic memory, so reading text is much more effective than hearing a book. Also it allows me to read the book in my own head in the voice I imagine the characters have. In short, everything is better with eBooks.
11. Where would you go if you could go anywhere within driving distance (like 5 hours max) right now?
Somewhere by the beach. When I go traveling I always end up by the sea. There’s just something about those waves and that smell…
You’ve Been Tagged, Darlings
- Melanie’s reads
- Reading Tonic
- Kayla’s Wordsmithy
- One More Word
- Bookaholic Brittany
- Love, Stars, and Books
- A Little Book Love Blog
- Twirling Book Princess
- The Book Prescription
- Nen & Jen
- One Thousand and One Book
(I kind of plagiarized myself a little. Shhhh!)
- What is a book you love that everybody else hates?
- What is one book you used to love but now don’t like so much?
- How long did your last reading slump last?
- Who’s your ultimate book boyfriend/girlfriend?
- Write me a story in 3 sentences. Go!
- What book character would you swap lives with?
- What’s your favorite historical era/period?
- Is your occupation book related? If not, would you like it to be?
- What is the last book you DNF and why?
- What’s your favorite childhood read?
- What’s your most popular book review? (Could you leave a link if possible?)
This was actually really fun to do. Thanks again to the lovely Jenna!
I’m so excited to read all of your awesome answers. But of course, nobody is forced to do this. You are, however, strongly encouraged by me. 😉
Thank you for reading and have a beautiful day, y’all! ❤